Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fine Art Color Photograph by Brad Rickerby - Beautiful Woman

Kristen, Beautiful Woman

Kristen


Photo by Brad Rickerby
Limited Edition Prints Available

I don't do much studio work. I prefer to be outside, where I can try to create harmony from chaos - or something like that. I needed to get some studio shots for a project I was working on. I was in Los Angeles at the and put up an ad on Craigslist for models. I must have gotten about 100 replies. I ended up shooting Kristen and about a half dozen others.

I knew there was something special about Kristen when she walked in the door. She just oozed a depth of sensuality that I hadn't seen in any of the other models I had photographed. I knew I had to capture her sexy eyes staring directly into the camera, challenging any man who might look at the image to be worthy of her. I mussed her hair a little and asked her to part her lips, all in an attempt to bring out her raw sensuality. 

The lighting on this shot was very simple. I had a large soft box off to her right and let window light fill in the left side of her face. The window light was obviously no where near as bright as the soft box so left is darker than her right. If I were doing this over again I would have put a black board to her left so that very little light would be on her left. It would take some experimentation to create mystery without losing her beauty I think.

I have looked at this image hundreds of times. I remain captivated by her eyes. 


brad@bradrickerby.com


No comments:

Post a Comment